Not Just Laptops is supported by readers like you. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
Did you just open your Minecraft to check up on your world and instead find a white wall that you never built? Yes, we’ve been there too. That white screen glitch is a true horror because even a million restarts won’t fix it.
From running it as an administrator to uninstalling antiviruses, we tried multiple things but had no luck. Then, it struck us that simply closing a background service could be the solution, and guess what? The Minecraft white screen is a super-easy fix.
In this guide, you’ll find 5 highly effective fixes for this glitch and a bonus hack as well that will surely get your game running.
So grab your pixelated hammer, and let’s start fixing it!
Table of Contents
How to Fix Minecraft White Screen Windows 10 / Windows 11?
Here are the 5 fixes we mentioned above.
1. Close “runtimebroker.exe” from Task Manager
Yup, that is simple: this method solves the Minecraft Windows 10 and Windows 11 white screen glitch for most people. All you need to do is:
- Open Minecraft and let it run.
- Open your task manager using the Ctrl + Shift + ESC key or from your Start menu.
- Click “Task Manager“.
- Find Minecraft running under the “Processes“ tab and click on the arrow left to it.
- Select runtimebroker.exe running with Minecraft and click “End Process.“
Note: Remember this is not a permanent fix and you will have to follow all the steps every time you relaunch the game.
2. Update Your System Display Drivers
A good reason for your Minecraft launcher showing a white screen can be your computer’s outdated display drivers. Here’s how you can update these drivers and get the ball rolling:
- Open your Control Panel.
- Search and open the Device Manager.
- Locate your “Display Adapters“ and right-click to open the menu.
- Click “Update Driver Software” and follow the on-screen instructions there.
- In case you have multiple graphics cards, update each of their drivers individually.
- Wait for them to update and Reboot the system.
- Try relaunching the game to see if the problem is solved.
3. Allow the Game Through Windows Firewall
Many times the Minecraft launcher black or white screen error can occur because your Antivirus or Windows Defender are stopping the game from accessing its servers.
An easy way out is to add Minecraft to the exceptions list:
- Search & open “Windows Defender Firewall.“
- Click “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.”
- Include Minecraft.exe in this list by checking the box next to it and the public and private checkboxes.
- Save the changes by clicking OK and reboot the system.
- Now relaunch Minecraft – it should work.
4. Update Minecraft Launcher
Sometimes, the game launcher itself causes the startup black screen issue. If your Minecraft launcher is not up to date, it can also cause issues. You have to update it manually, and here’s how you can do it:
- Open the Minecraft launcher.
- You should automatically get the latest version info on the launcher.
- If not, select Latest Release after clicking the arrow to the right of the Play button.
- If you’re not on the latest version, update the launcher or manually download the latest setup file from the official Minecraft website.
- After updating, try re-launching Minecraft and pray it works.
5. Reinstall Minecraft
Well, if all your prayers remain unanswered, then there’s just one way to go around this – the traditional reinstallation. Sometimes caches or corrupted files also end up causing the white screen error. In that case, you need to completely uninstall Minecraft from your computer and reinstall using the following steps:
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Programs → Programs and Features.
- Select Minecraft and Click Uninstall (Or you can right-click it and select uninstall).
- Follow the on-screen instructions to remove Minecraft completely.
- Go to Minecraft’s official website and download the latest version of the game.
- Install the game and launch it to see if this fixed your problem.
To sum up, the Minecraft Windows 10 and Windows 11 edition white screen error is a common error many people in the Minecraft Community face. And it is equally easy to fix. For most people, ‘disabling Runtimebroker.exe’ does the trick.
Did any of the fixes above work for you? Let us know in the comments below. And if not, and you have a better solution, then be sure to share it with us as well.
Sick of your laggy computer? Check out our top picks for the best laptops for playing Minecraft.